Tips for on the water:
- Stay hydrated, especially with hot weather, bring water etc. No alcoholic beverages.
- Think of caps and sunscreen.
- Bring clothing that can get wet.
- Bring light shoes, preferably no slippers or sandals.
- Have some dry clothes for when you get back.
- During rainy weather bring a rain jacket.
- Tie a string to your (sun)glasses so they can’t fall off your head.
- Tie a rucksack to the boat or put your stuff in a container.
- Don’t take valuables like expensive watches, rings etc. with you on the boat.
- Please mind the environment, don’t litter.
Safety and requirements
- Boating is entirely at your own risk!
- Lifejackets are required at all times.
- Need to have at least 1 swimming diploma.
- We don’t tolerate alcohol consumption on the water.
- We are at all times authorised to abort the tour, if safety requires.
- Depending on the group(children etc.) we require chaperones.
- Everywhere where you see water is the Meuse, when you are following the current you’ll have the Netherlands on your right and Belgium on your left. If there’s an emergency please try to reach the Belgian side and call us so we can get to you sooner.
Watersport like canoeing, kayaking and rafting on the Meuse isn’t easy, the Meuse is a rain-river this means the waterlevel can vary tremendously between very low and very high. Beware of the nature of this river and don’t get surprised. Be safe and watch for dangerous situations.